Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Left Hand Suzuki Method

Doesn't quite make sense, but I think that every time Suzuki comes up. Here's the song to go along with it. I really don't know what to say about today's game so I'll just say Left Hand Ichiro Suzuki Method.

I have some brownies baking, and I just had some of the best watermelon ever. I'm not exactly sure where it's from but it's local, part of the Fresh Fork Market pickings from last week. I don't know where watermelons are usually grown (Wikipedia says "not around Cleveland") but when you're out getting corn, lettuce, tomatoes and squash from your local farmers try to get a watermelon too. Because they will knock your socks off.

As I said, I'm also baking brownies. I was mixing the brownies while I was eating fresh watermelon. Summer, or what?!

Oh yeah there was a baseball game today. Not much to say about it. We lost.

Shelley Duncan is awesome. Really, so glad he's here! Five hits total in his last 9 at-bats (2 games). If we're not going to get Thome or Kubel (or maybe we are?) we'll at least always have Shelley Duncan. Well unless he runs out of options, however that works.

Matt LaPorta was saucy today, going 2 for 4 and having a spiffy catch.

Jason Donald also went 2 for 4 and did not leave the shortstop position in shambles. He was in today for Asdrubal's 2nd day off of the season. Asdrubal was not hitting lately so I didn't quite miss him.

Zeke got another hit and a stolen base, so that's cool. He also walked, which is what ya gotta do when you bat first.

Smith, Durbin and Pestano pitched well. Three hits and 3 strikeouts over 3 1/3 innings for them. The other 5 2/3 innings, not so good for Tomlin and Raffy.

So everybody had the afternoon off and Thursday off to think about what they've done. Friday we're back at it with the Royals at 7:05.

Only 4 more days til Grovery Day!

What do you think I should ask him? I think I am going to ask how a team starts so well then stops doing so well. Is it fatigue? Ego? Lack of experience and leadership? Do other teams suddenly figure them out? I bet he tells me "If I knew I'd be the winningest manager in all of baseball!" Then I will get really mad because dammit, Mike Hargrove, I paid a lot of money to ask you this question can't you at least give me a two-sentence answer?!

My brownies are done. Be good. See you Friday.

Radio Chatter:
"Saying 'rookie' is redunant. Seattle has 12 rookies on this ballclub. Twelve!"
- Tom Hamilton

"It's just amazing how the Indians have become a MASH unit."
- Tom Hamilton on our injuries

"Strike 3 called on a fastball right down Euclid Avenue."
- Tom Hamilton

"I tell you what - Shelley Duncan and Jack Hannahan have really picked this ball club up."
- Mike Hegan

"We have seen what happens in one week's time...the opposite can happen too."
- Tom Hamilton's glimmer of hope

"Rosie why don't you go down to the Indians dugout and see what you can learn. There's nothing else going on. Be a part of the solution here!"
- Tom Hamilton wonders what the kerfuffle was in the 8th inning

No comments:

Post a Comment