Friday, July 27, 2012

Surreal

I have to admit, I did not see that coming. Surely you did not either. Losing 11-0 to the worst team in the AL after beating the best pitcher in the AL just doesn't seem possible. But it was and it happened and it was real.

I'll also admit that I watched the Olympic Opening Ceremony with the Tribe game going on in my ear. And the Opening Ceremony was even more surreal than the Indians game, I kid you not. Steampunk Branaugh, parachute Queen, Mary Poppins army, Mr. Bean in Chariots of Fire, bicycle birds and a lengthy dance tribute to socialized medicine. THIS IS ALL REAL!

All in all I was pretty glad that I had something so crazy to take my mind off what was happening here.

What happened here was that Josh Tomlin lost his shit, then Jeremy Accardo lost his shit too.

Cody Allen did not lose his shit, and other than Hafner's two hits that was the best thing that happened in the game.

We got 3 hits, yo. Yesterday we got 10. No walks today, and 6 strikeouts. Yes, even Choo. Even Kipnis. YES GUYS, ALL OF THEM!!!

I don't know what this game means and I also don't know what a flaming cauldron in the middle of an Olympic stadium means but I suspect we'll find out more tomorrow.

Oh don't forget the other weird things that happened today - the Browns were sold and it rained for longer than 15 minutes. I am soooo ready for tomorrow...

Tomorrow is Masterson versus RHP. Masterson is good again now, right? That's what I thought. That's what we're gonna see tomorrow.

I'll see you there - if the 100' Captain Hook puppet doesn't get me first!

Radio Chatter:
"It's hard liquor and handgun night at the old ballpark!"
- Tom Hamilton on the Twins' beer chugging contest

No comments:

Post a Comment